Sunday, January 17, 2010

Swimming through the pool of life

I still remember my first swimming lesson when I was a 7-year old. Back then the lesson was how to float on my back. My tutor held my waist, made me lie on the water and put his hands on my back to support me. Occasionally he would let go of his hands purposely, and every time he did that I panicked. Until one day when I watched him teaching the same lesson to the other kid, I came to realize one thing. His hands were not touching her back, but they were just below her back ready to support her whenever it’s needed.

Just as the Psalmist said, “If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand.”

I learned that no matter what troubles come my way, God allow it to happen. If the circumstance hasn’t changed yet, it simply means that there’s still more for me to conquer. And most importantly, there’s no need to panic as it will only get myself into more troubles. I would be still because He’s nearby; ready to stretch His hands anytime He thinks it’s needed. And who knows our limit better than He does?

No comments: