Monday, December 10, 2007

Beyond and over the hill of EXPECTATION


What is it with me and expectation?
I'm dissapointed when things goes beyond it, and I'm thrilled when things goes over the hill.

My life is full of expectation I may say. I have a very high expectation of myself and others. And reality reveals that not only me myself have expectation but there are things that people expect from me too. And then, I still have to ask God 'What is His expectation of me?'

Which concerns me most? My expectation that everyone should work as hard as I do, to meet people's expectation of me which I struggle, or to meet God's expectation?

A lot of words said and events done stuck on my head till this moment. I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong, how could I understand myself and others more. I've read a lot of books to fix myself. But time to time I still feel that what I've done is never enough. And the feeling of giving up is chasing after me.

Today I read someone's testimony saying:
"...I just wanted to share that my personal way to deal with expectations is to just focus on God, trust that He will show me what the priorities are. After all, when is all said and done, other people are just that -people-, and events many times are not as important as they seem. When I'm tired of being stretched to my limits by people and life in general, I take it as God's way of telling me to be alone and spend time with HIM. That puts things into perspective."

Lord, I want to learn to focus on you more and more. I pray that You would take away all the words and events which stuck on my head. Renew my mind, my soul and my strength. Amen.

No comments: