Monday, January 25, 2010

The little things I can do


On one of the xmas cards I received, my special someone wrote this. "I thank you for all the little things you've done throughout the year. After all, it's the little things that counts and guess that's why I love you so."

As wonderful as it made me felt, I imagine if one day I am to receive such a word from Him. Now to think of what kind of little things I can do for Him, that's another thing.

I am no more than a sister, a daughter, a worker, a friend, a minister just like any other girls. To sum up, I'm just an ordinary person. What difference can I make for just being myself? But wait a second, didn't God just love to use the ordinary? Then He must be delighted to use a common girl like me!

Ideas start popping into my head... Maybe I should start by not complaining how sleepy I am the first thing in the morning? Instead I can greet my friends cheerfully! Spirit is contagious after all.

Next thing I want to do is a simple prayer a day for a person. I can spend couple of minutes to pray for a family member, a friend, a colleague or even someone I'm not fond of. What gift can be more special than a prayer? I can go on and on. He's cheering for me to show Him what I got!
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did i wrote such comments?? really? :)