Sunday, January 17, 2010

Seeds of kindness

Woke up one morning and found no milk in my fridge, I decided to grab some from the nearest Coles. While waiting in the queue, I looked around and saw this old man tried to grab a tomato can from the lower shelf. He bended over and accidentally caused some cans to fall off the shelf. I ran over and picked those cans from the floor, then walked back and queued at the very end. Surprisingly the lady in front of me asked me to move in front of her and so were some customers in front of her. I vividly remembered one of them told me, “You were helping somebody; you don’t deserve to queue again.”

This happened 4 years ago and it has continued to encourage me to never grow weary of doing good. Random people may not understand what Christianity is, but they will surely embrace the kindness of a Christian. Only God can transform people, but seeds of kindness can be planted by any of us. Practice and it will become part of who we are, Christians!

No comments: